THE ANTONÍN DVOŘÁK THEATRE
|Number of rooms:||517||Capacity:||0|
The city theatre was festively opened on 28 October 1907Till the year 1919 performed only in German. Since 1919 the theatre became a permanent seat of the National Moravian-Silesian Theatre, during the Second World War were the artists however forced to abandon the building and leave it to the German theatre. After the end of the war this representative building of the National Moravian-Silesian Theatre (the State Theatre in Ostrava) used names such as Provincial theatre, Great theatre and the Zdeněk Nejedlý theatre.
The name the Antonín Dvořák Theatre belongs to the building of the City Theatre (reconstructed in years 1954 – 1956, 1969 – 1971 and 1999 – 2000) since 1990. It is a home stage for opera, drama and ballet companies of the National Moravian-Silesian Theatre and its auditorium after the reconstruction accommodates 517 spectators.